Friday, July 22, 2005

sick (literally) from video games and misplaced mind

I fired up the video game Katamari Damacy last night - hadn't played it in a while. Essentially, you roll a giant ball around a house and eventually the planet, rolling stuff up. It's strangely fun and a fairly interesting head-trip, but the problem is in the rolling things around. You tend to roll in circles to pick things up, and this causes the camera to rotate around too. And then I started to get motion sick. Yes, motion sick from a video game.

Stop laughing now, okay?

Thank you.

So, I stopped playing and looked for some pepto. I had some, but it expired 2 years ago. Apparently, I don't get sick to my stomach that often. Instead, I did the dishes, took a shower, and went to bed really early.

And had some serious reality bending dreams. I think I was awake, or at least partly awake, for some of them - and had a lot of trouble waking up this morning. Or more accurately - had a lot of trouble getting out of bed.

I think I've addressed this before in a blog, but it felt like something got left behind in that seriously messed up hodge-podge of dreams. Not sure exactly where I ended up last night while I slept, but I'm not sure it's worth going back there to get whatever might have been lost.

It's already 11:00 in the morning and I'l still a little out of it. Which is scary since I was on the road coming to work around 7:00. Good thing I take the same route every morning - I think my car was on auto-pilot.

Well, not much of an entry, but I should get back to work...

No comments: