Thursday, July 07, 2005

vacation blog part 3

So, Tuesday night - instead of going out with my friend for his birthday - I went to the Doctor's Care office in Surfside. I folded paper like a madman to keep from scratching and made a couple of complex models while waiting to be called. I gave them away to a kid in the waiting room. The first nurse got my weight and other vitals, then the doctor came and was somewhat amazed at the degree of sunburn. He wrote a prescritption for a painkiller (though it was itching more than hurting), and sent in nurse #2 to slather on about a pound of heavy silver-something cream. I kept folding and the cream helped - though she felt bad when she had to add more to a sensitive area of my back 'cause I would gasp. She got some origami when she was done too. Heck, I gotta give the stuff away or I'd be buried in it.

They put a hospital gown on me - backwards, so it was like a vest - then sent me on my way. We got the perscriptions filled - then headed back to the condo for cake. I took off the "vest" and kept threatening to hug everyone.

The next couple of days were a bit of a blur - and though I kept seeping with the blisters, I was getting steadly better. Spent a little time on the beach - fulled dressed under an umbrella - and in the pool, which really seemed to help. Though, I felt a little bad about "shedding" flakes of skin into the pool. It was a little gross, but I did try to stay away from everyone else in the pool.

Next time: wrapping up the week and heading home.

Now, back to work...

No comments: