Friday, May 15, 2009

lost, carabas, floor, mood

The season finale for Lost was this past week - as expected, extreeeeem cliffhanger.   It was pretty good and I enjoyed it, but I'm hoping they don't negate the entire season via time-travel.

Went out to Carabas last night for dinner with my room-mate and his sister (she's in town for an extended weekend).   The food was okay, a little under-whelming.   Overcooked veggies, bland bread - though the fish was pretty good.   The server was... pushy.   She reacted in horror when I declined the salad (which  you can't get plain) and the soups (none of which I liked).   She ended up pushing the salad onto my room-mate's sister and was at a loss when my room-mate declined the options as well.  Not really sure why she was pushing the free items on us like that.  I think next time around I'll just get the pepperoni pizza and play it safe.

There's a crew scheduled to be at the apartment today to replace the kitchen floor.  The tile was coming up and we finally convinced the landlords it was a trip hazard - as in, I have already tripped and you'd better get it fixed before I fall also.  So, last night we move all the furniture out of the way and while it would be awesome if it was done before I got home, I sort of doubt that.   It's a big and weirdly shaped area.

I've been in sort of dark mood recently.  Some random work stress and some stuff at home.  And it doesn't help that the pool has been closed all week.  It'll be good to get back in the water and get back to a better mode.

I'm thinking about trading some games in for the wii - I got a couple of duds that are just collecting dust - may be something fun to do this afternoon.  

Sort of a quiet day here at work.   Probably just as well that I don't have a window - I'd be getting even less done.

I guess this is it for now... later...

No comments: