Tuesday, January 08, 2008

mcdonald's, blood drive, sleep

I went to McDonald's to get a bite to eat before I gave blood yesterday. The food was pretty good - though how fries, nuggets and a drink I pour myself could be screwed up, I'm not really sure.

The rest was a mess. The kitchen area needed to be cleaned up, the clerks and cooks were haphazard, and the random beeping and noise would have made me go postal if I'd had to work there. It made me wonder... how did good tasting food come out of that environment? And more importantly, how did they win so many customer service awards? I'm guessing either low standards or amazing luck to get judged on the "good days" that I always seem to miss out on.

From there I headed to the blood drive. The "greeter" seemed annoyed to be drawn away from her book - but the rest of the staff was friendly. I even got recognised from a previous drive - which wasn't difficult since I was doing the same thing as last time - namely, folding paper. The history and exam person was funny and did a great job - and then had to get her paperwork reviewed and signed!? If she was a trainee, she's going to do a great job.

The donation went smoothly and I managed to fold a lily one-handed. Cookies, juice, and a red cross fleece blanket and I was on my way.

I got really tired later in the evening - took my shower early and went to bed. Slept pretty well and didn't want to get out of bed. Still, did my situps, got ready for work, stopped to get gas and still made it to work on time.

And I should get back to it. later...

No comments: