Friday, January 11, 2008

35 soon, pool, portal, jury

I found an Aimee Mann song recently called "31 today". Kind of a sad song - most of hers are kinda sad - but interesting and it has a really good beat. Got me thinking a little about my birthday coming up - though I'll be a bit older than 31. Worth a look up on youtube if you're a fan.

Hit the pool today and once again they were reconfiguring the lanes. I ended up in the deep end swimming lenghwise instead of across the pool. So, 32 laps = 1 mile, which I did. I thought about making some kind of comment about swimming "uphill" to the lifeguard in reference to the sloped floor of the pool, but I didn't want to have to explain it.

I beat Portal last night - it was awesome. Great gameplay, cool challenges, awesome writing and story and a really nifty song at the end. I'm inspired to build my own Weighted Companion Cube now.

In other news... I may have jury duty next week. I'll have to call on Sunday night to see if I'm needed. It will be a bummer if that's the case.

That's it for now... back to work...

No comments: