Thursday, January 03, 2008

legend, pizza, better mood, swim, game

I saw "I Am Legend" on the 1st - pretty good film, but there were some plot holes and it got a little weak toward the end. Mostly good effects and good acting - CGI was a little disappointing. I'm going to re-read the book again - see how it compares.

I also watched the movie SkinWalkers on DVD. Ugh. Pointless, lame, and not scary.

My room-mate and I tried to get pizza that evening - but the phone at pizza hut just rang and rang. We thought they were just really busy, it being the first of the year and all, but after further investigation we found that the store had been closed. Another pizza hut in the area took up the delivery for our area and we got our pizza - eventually.

I'm in a little bit better mood today - I guess I got caught up on my sleep finally.

Went swimming yesterday and once again the pool was almost filled with a high school swim team. I think they were doing conditioning or something - in any case, those kids were fast. Really fast. I was feeling pretty good about my 'slightly over a minute per lap' - but even two lanes away I was getting tossed about by their wake.

I re-downloaded Portal on my new computer last night and fired it up. The extra power and processing speed really ramped up the game and added a lot to it. I got caught up to where I had been before - and this time around I destroyed most of the cameras, prompting a warning from the computer voice each time. Pretty cool.

I'm hoping for a quiet day today - got one training session this afternoon, but otherwise I'm meeting free. later...

No comments: