Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Vivid dream...

Another weird dream last night. In the dream, I was taking a night-class and trying to get ready for the final. I went to the bathroom before class started and was too short to reach the urinal. Made quite a mess, but the bathroom was already a disaster so I didn't feel bad.
Went outside for a quick cigerette - which is really odd since I've never smoked and never will. Wandered around the parking lot and over to an army vechicle. Wasn't surprised that one of my fraternity brothers was in the cab and he called out to me. Keith wanted me to watch the vechicle while he got changed in the back.

I told him I couldn't stay long - and that I didn't know what to do with my cigerette. He handed me out a sock monkey and told me to put it out in that. So, I rubbed out the cigerette with the sock monkey and turned to see a young boy standing nearby, facinated with the army vechicle. From across the parking lot I saw a women approach - his mother, I guessed - who called out to him and slowly and cautiously approached. From her mannerisms I guessed that she was distraught and trying to hide it so as not to scare him.

She started circling around him, trying to get closer without it looking like she was getting closer. The boy was trembling, facinated by the vechicle, but ready to run. He finally broke his gaze away and started to bolt. With that weird dream knowledge I knew that his mother had been chasing him all day and that he more than a little unstable. I grabbed him as he tried to get past and held on.

He was strong, his fear and maddness making him even stronger. Even though I was a lot bigger than he was, I was having to tough time. I called out to Keith, who was now standing at the side of the truck, to help me. He just picked up the sock monkey from the ground where I had dropped it and told me I was doing fine as he shook his head.

The boy was going even crazier, twisting and turning in my arms, trying to get away. The mother stood back and watched as he finally knocked me to the ground - bringing us both down. I landed on my back with him on top of me - nearly knocked the wind out of me but I hung. He was panicing so much now that he threw up - I felt the heat as it splashed me and was scared that he would choke on it since he was on his back. I struggeled to twist around to help him, and then woke up.

And quickly made a direct trip to the bathroom - any dream about using the bathroom is a full on gurantee that I really do need to go and should just wake myself up and take care of business.

Quiet around the homestead last night - which is not to say that it wasn't still noisy. The dogs barked, my room-mate struggled with the fax machine, and his son kept getting phone calls from girls. It was quiet in the sense that there was still no harsh words between my room-mate and me. We exchanged pleasentries and that was pretty much it.

Of course, he still hasn't paid his rent for this month - his last at the apartment. I'm going to ask him about it next time I see him. Things are going better than I expected, might as well shake things up a bit.
Back to work...

No comments: