Friday, March 20, 2009

spring, project, head

I've gotten into the habit of glancing at the temperature gauge in the kitchen in the morning before I leave for work to determine what level of jacket I need for the day.   Or at least the start of the day - 'cause it's Ohio and it's really any one's guess as to what the weather will do.    It was in the 20's this morning, so I dressed accordingly and drove to work - noting the snowflakes in the air.

And today is the first day of spring - what a crock.

I got an idea for a project last evening with some stained glass - and I wanted to finish it last night. Fortunately, I could see the whole thing in my head and the steps I knew I needed to complete it.   Sadly, I generally suck at most of those steps.   The glass broke wrong - twice - and I had to adapt my design to accommodate the new shapes.   The copper foil tape wasn't sticking and the soldering iron Refused! To! Obey! Me!    

Very frustrating.  I also didn't have the right color of glass in my supply, so when I was all done, I had to paint the dang thing.  

The end result - is not what I had hoped for.   But it's not as bad as I had feared.  Also, no seriously injuries!   Yea!

I'll try and get some pictures and post them once the paint is completely dried. 

In other  news... my head  hurts.   It's going to be a long day here at work, staring at my computer screen(s).

That's it for now.   Later...

No comments: