Saturday, March 07, 2009

dentist, card, day, swim

I went to the dentist on Friday.  It had been a while - well, a long while - since I had gone and I was expecting the worst, including a lecture.    Instead, they said my teeth were in pretty good shape, all things considered.   The x-rays were not fun - I kept gagging on the plastic they put in my mouth.   The wait time was quiet long, but I had plenty of paper and kept myself busy.   I wasn't impressed with the actual dentist - his presence was sort of limited - but the rest of the staff were pretty good.

I headed into work after that and tried to get caught up - but had to go right into a meeting.   The content was mostly over my head - something I don't like to admit - but I tried to follow along.  After the meeting, it was back to work and the disasters of the day, including a major system going down.  It's still not fixed properly, but I don't have the access to even be properly worried about it.  

I got out of work late and headed to the pool for a late afternoon swim.   Got in 30 laps, but was a bit disappointed that so many of those were non-crawl.  I really have to work on that.

Finally, I managed to get an SD Micro card for my phone.  So that, along with a cable that finally works - means that my phone is now accessible by my computer.  I was able to download my phone's photos and upload a new wall paper.   Next is to try and customize my own ring tone.  Yes, I'm going down that path.   And yes, I'm scared.

That's it for now.  I'm going to try and get the ring tone working, then I've got to get out of the house before I go stir-crazy.

later...

No comments: