Monday, March 09, 2009

30, butterfly, phil collins, work

I did 30 laps today in the pool - which is not too big of a deal, except for the kind of laps.  I did 5 crawl, then 5 back, then 5 more crawl, then 5 breaststroke, then 5 backstroke, then 4.5 laps of crawl.  The crawl is what I'm really trying to work on - but that last 1/2 lap I decided to step it up a notch since I was feeling pretty good.  So, the last length I did the butterfly stroke.  

Which I'm not really good at.  At my best, I was only able to do about a 1/2 a length before I would get that thought "Oh, I'm going to drown,"   and then I stop.

This time I got to that spot and thought, "Hey, I'm not drowning," and I just kept on going.    My form wasn't great and I wasn't very fast.    But I did it.   1 length of the pool.  Maybe next time I'll do more.

In other news... I was watching the Music Choice channel and Phil Collins came up.   In a fairly recent picture...  well, he looks like my dad.   Disturbingly so.  My room-mate thought so too.  But my room-mate also thinks my dad looks John Locke from the TV series Lost.   So, not sure about that.  But the Phil Collins thing was weird.

Finally, work has sucked.   Spectacular deadlines, massive stress.   It's actually messing with my sleep.  Which I didn't think was even possible. 

And it's about time for me to try to sleep again.  After a shower, I still smell like chlorine from the pool.  

later...

No comments: