Wednesday, March 04, 2009

donation, door, temp

I gave blood on Monday. Went pretty smoothly, though they changed the procedure a bit for the sign in. I felt fine after the donation and was only in the recovery area long enough to eat a small package of cookies and drink a can of juice before heading out with my new red cross first aid kit. I've really got to figure out a polite way to not get these things. The umbrella was nice, but the I think they are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

I got really tired that evening - I guess swimming earlier in the day plus giving blood really took a lot out of me.

In other news, the garage door is messed up. It only goes down about 1/2 way and then goes right back up. So, I called the landlords office yesterday when I got home and they sent out their repair guy. The dude showed up, said he couldn't fix it, and promised to come back today - early this morning.

Well, in the meantime, it's been very annoying. The door is normally automatic and apparently the manufacturers didn't think it would ever go wrong since they didn't put a handle out the outside. (well, they must have figured something might happen since they put in the "ripcord" for the manual use of the door).

This morning, I had to manually open the from the inside, start up and pull out my car, go back into the garage to close the door, back through the apartment, then out the front door, then back in my car, restart it, and then I was on the road. I'm hoping they get it fixed today, otherwise I'm going to strongly consider installing my own handle on the outside of the door.

Finally, someone put a temperature gauge in the men's bathroom here at work. The bathroom is on the side of the building and is apparently unheated - and is on an outside wall. The gauge said it was 50 degrees in there this morning. Chilly.

I had a surprisingly good day on Monday. Tuesday kinda sucked and got worse over time. Today has been moderately crappy. I hope the Chipotle is good tomorrow and that the dental appointment goes well on Friday or I'm going to end up with terrible weekend if the current trend continues.

later...

No comments: