Wednesday, April 02, 2008

doctor, swim, idiot

I took my room-mate to the doctor this morning - he was going for a colonoscopy. He was doing fine after the procedure - but we decided to call the recovery area the "snoring and farting ward". For obvious reasons. I had taken him for an endoscopy a few weeks back - it was only fair since he had helped me when I had my weapon-grade migraine a while back.

I hit the pool today after I got in and had our weekly meeting. The pool was configured the long way again and though I did my standard equivalent of 30 laps, I was pretty tired at the end. My arm is a little sore too for some reason, but I'm still glad I could get it in.

On the way back to the office, I witnesses the following sight:

A white guy. In a light, metallic purple (let's just call it lavender, okay?) 4 door car that wasn't a Taurus, but might as well have been. He was blasting rap music out of his speakers and "singing" along with it a the top of his lungs.

I wanted to lure him out of his car with some snacks, tag him with a radio collar to track his movements, and get him into some kind of counseling program to help him figure out exactly how he got to this point in his life. It was disturbing and sad.

That's it for now... time to head on out.

No comments: