Tuesday, April 22, 2008

game, parking lot, filter

I played more of Divine Divinity last evening, here's how it went. My character managed to get out of the endlessly wearying caves and I sent him over to the Imp Castle in search of the Heart of the Dragon. When we got there, we found that it was a gem being guarded - strangely enough - by a dragon. Every tactic I tried met with failure and death for my character.

Finally, I summoned a "Demon Knight" creature as a distraction and ran for the exit - figuring I'd come back later when the character was stronger. Unfortunately, the nearest teleporter required a scroll from that castle, so I wandered around for a bit and then decided to head back in there to get the scroll and then run away to teleport back to the town.

I tried to avoid the dragon, but he was blocking the path and I figured I'd try to run past him. When I got close, I realized that the decoy Demon Knight was still alive and still fighting. Even better, he'd worn down the dragon so that a couple of hits from me was enough to take him down. I picked up the gem and headed out of the castle, stopping only long enough to pick up the scroll. So, learned a new plan. Get some decoy warriors going and run screaming for an exit like a little girl that just saw a spider.

Not very manly, true - but, come on, it was a freaking dragon! You'd run too.

I ran an errand last night for some project supplies and saw a car haul-ass across the parking lot. Not down the "roads", but across the parking spaces. They were going way too fast and clearly weren't paying attention. Kind of a pet peeve of mine. It bothers my room-mate a great deal as well, although he does it to. He justifies to me that he "pays attention" when he does it - which I think is funny in a way that makes me glad I have good insurance when I ride with him in his car.

The supplies I picked up included some transparent blue plastic for some filters over the lights in my cubicle here at work. The lights are always giving me a headache - time to do something about that. We'll see how it goes...

That's it for now...

No comments: