Monday, May 22, 2006

ex-roomate, car wash

I had a call last week from my ex-roommate's mother - she told me he was getting married on Friday. For his tearful apoligy and an attempt at a renewed friendship - I would have thought that an event as important as this would have warrented at least a solicitation of gifts.

My thoughts on this:

1. I also found out that it's with the woman who moved in with us and ultimately led to him moving out. And I guess, in a way, it's a good thing. At least something good came out of that. I think I would have been more annoyed if he's broken up with her and then moved on and was suddenly getting married.

2. I'm kinda wishing that his mom stopped keeping me in the loop. If things are done - and I think/hope they are - then I don't need to be in this loop anymore.

In other news, I got a message from my sister on my answering machine on Saturday. She was calling to tell me how annoying the "free car wash" was just down the street from her apartment. Strangely enough, I missed her call beacause I was going for a walk - to a walmart in my area where the girls soccer team was having a free car wash. There were two girls holding signs and shrieking at passing cars. They were also shrieking in my general direction - though if they thought a pedestrian would be interested in a car wash, they were indeed as stupid as they looked - and sounded.

I'm going to have to blame car dealers for this situation. Car commercials are still frequently populated with screaming salesmen - as though the only way we'll listen is if we are yelled at.

In those cases, I stop listening and ignore them. As I ignored the shrieking car wash girls - and as I hope my sister was able to eventually do with her own neighborhood free car wash.

I guess that's about it for now. Back to work...

No comments: