Thursday, April 20, 2006

LMBR, Ducks, disconnect

The other day I saw a license plate that said: LMBR GAL I followed this GAL for a few miles (we were going the same direction, no, I wasn't stalking her) and tried to figure out what the plate meant.

Was she a fitness instructor as the LiMBeR GAL? Maybe a chiropractor as LuMBaR GAL? Or was she really into woodworking as the LuMBeR GAL? I may never know.


This morning, I saw two ducks outside the computer center - a male and a female. I quacked a greeting to them as I headed for the door and they politely quacked back. I could make a joke about Hackers and Quackers, but I'm not the kind of person that makes that kind of joke. Well, I am, but it's actually more amusing to move around that joke rather than dive right in.

And speaking of being on the periphery - I've felt more than a little disconnected the past few days. Had a conversation over the weekend that troubled me and I'm having difficulty adapting to what it means. I'll figure out what it all means soon enough and figure out how to deal with it, but until then if you see me in a daze, I'm really just thinking hard about something. Or I've decided that recreational drugs are the answer and I'm "rocky mountain high".

In either case, just let me go about my way and I'll be back to as close to normal as I ever get soon enough.

And speaking of getting back to...time to get back to work...

No comments: