Friday, April 28, 2006

the cornfield, meeting results, PoP:T2T

Ever see that episode of the Twilight Zone with the creepy little boy named Anthony? He's apparently got god-like powers, a bad attitude, and the abilty to "wish things to the cornfield".

Last night at the Olive Garden, I seriously wished I could be that Anthony. A family at the next table over had a child who - for no apparent reason - would perodically shriek at the top of his lungs. They were soon replaced by a group of painfully loud people. It should be noted that the group contained a guy wearing a shirt that said, "Diamonds are forever, but she'll never forget the crabs". Yep, it was that kind of crowd.

Alas, despite my best efforts, they remained loud and at the table. So, dinner was finished quickly and an exit was located. I'm all for enjoying a dinner with friends, but these people were just being rude.

The webteam meeting yesterday was fairly uneventful - not sure what all the hype was.

Playing a new game at home - Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. Pretty cool, but a little frustrating. Yesterday I had to climb a series of platforms, attack and blind a giant, then stab him in the shins till he fell over and I could finish him off.

I suspect today will be a long day - time to get back to it...

No comments: