Tuesday, December 28, 2004

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter...

Except it was after Christmas and more like a thunk than a clatter. This was at my parents house about 11:30 on Sunday night. We all looked around outside, but couldn't find anything - must have been a tree branch breaking under all the ice.

What with the ice storm in Ohio and the tidal waves recently, seems a little like "The Day After Tomorrow" here on planet earth. Not that the two are connected, but it's still weird.

Finished up "Lies and the Lying Liers that tell them: A fair and balanced look at the Right", by Al Franken. A good book, kinda funny, but more scary than anything. If this had been required reading before the election, there'd be a differnt dude in the white house in January.

A pretty good christmas - I got some good stuff and had fun. I'm hoping for a quiet new year's.

And now I'm back at work - wishing I was still at home, in bed. Asleep.

Bummer...

No comments: