Friday, January 30, 2009

lights, balance, swim

The sky was glowing last night - all the reflected light from the snow was making it look like dawn even though it was almost 10:00 when I looked outside. I was out for only a few minutes to put a bill in the mailbox, but stopped for a moment to appreciate the light and the quiet. But I was wearing my flip- flops and it quickly got too cold for that.

My room-mate has been going through some issues with his siblings and has been more stressed out than usual. When I'm around someone stressed, I find myself getting more calm and quiet. I guess it's a way to find a bit of balance and maybe bring a little perspective to things. I also tend to get more excited about things when people are down - and inherently distrustful of hype. Might be a little zen and if so, that's not a bad thing.

Today I hit the pool and switched over to the crawl and backstroke. I was only able to do 10 laps and I was exhausted. No power, no speed. Just... a crawl. Disappointing, but I've been told that this is normal when a new set of muscles are being used. I suppose that's a good thing, but I felt... slow.

I'm hoping for a quiet weekend - with a bit of Wii to keep me occupied.

that's it for now... later...

No comments: