Tuesday, January 27, 2009

200, text, points

I got in my 32 laps yesterday and finished up my first 200 miles swimming.  Took me a couple years to do and I'm sure my next 200 will go much faster.   I joked with someone about how the English channel is next, but that it 21 miles (at a minimum) and has to be done all at once. 

In other news, I got my first text message spam on my phone.  Sort of an annoying rite of passage, I guess.  So far, the phone has been about what I expected.  Slightly annoying and moderately helpful.   I think the next time around I'm going to go with a much cheaper plan or a pay as you go.

Finally, I bought some Wii points last night - points that can be used to download games to the wii.  I was a little cautious about using my credit card with the wii directly, so I decided to buy a points card at wal-mart.   Here's how it went:

1. I looked at the front of the store in the gift card section - no luck.
2. Back to electronics - one card for sale packaged with a cover for a controller I didn't have.
3. Another area of the electronics section and I found more cards, but they were locked to the shelves.
4. Over to the checkout area of electronics to find a clerk, then back over so they could unlock the card.
5. Back to the electronics checkout again - standing in line behind a woman buying cereal.  In electronics.  There was a major production going on there and a price dispute on one of her items.
6. Finally, another clerk took pity on me and opened another register.    I paid for the card and escape the store.

I haven't used the points yet - I felt the need to savor my victory over wal-mart.

later...

No comments: