Monday, January 26, 2009

basketball, wireless, swim

I went and saw my FRM's son play basketball on Saturday. I sat with his other two son's and with his mom - there's a long-standing feud going on and though FRM did stop by and shake my hand and say hello, he didn't stick around. The game was fun to watch and I had a good time. It had been a long time since I'd see his other son's - they are now both taller than me and one has a kid of his own.

On Sunday, I decided to set up a wireless network at home. A quick trip to best buy and I had the components I needed. Had a little trouble with the card for the computer and had to do that a couple of times to get it right. And then was a little cranky when I realized the router had extra slots for a wired connection to the computer. Which is not a big deal, just makes it more flexible later on. Once those were in place, I connected the Wii and set that up to get the news and weather and watched a video of a wii game I might like to buy.

Riding high on that success, I decided to hook up my PSP. That went much smoother than the wii and I was able to visit the university's home page, then do a search on google for new PSP themes - and downloaded one. It was pretty cool in a really deeply geeky way.

In about 20 minutes or so, I'll head up to the pool and swim 32 laps - putting me exactly at 200 miles total. Kind of a big deal for me - but I'm not sure what I'll do to celebrate. Cheesecake, perhaps? :)

That's about it for now. Later...

No comments: