Tuesday, February 12, 2008

weekend, sofa, table, game, snow, hourglass

I went to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and my parents over the weekend for my sister's early birthday. My sister fixed a really good lunch, then we did a little shopping, then headed to dinner. The food was good there, but the server seemed a little distracted. We had to keep reminding him of things.

My sofa got delivered on Friday - its a little firmer than the one in the store - less butt-traffic I suspect. It looks great in the living room.

I also bought a small table/TV stand for the computer room. I assembled it last night and today I put the scanner and power strips on it. It tidies things up a bit, but it makes the upper part of the corner look bare. I've got some ideas, but some of those will need to wait until spring.

I got a demo of a game called "the Witcher" on a cd - but when it completed the install it automatically uninstalled itself. Umm... thoughtful?

It's been snowing all day and the campus closed early at 12:30. I went in at 6:30 this morning and was caught up at 12:15 when my boss gave the all clear for us to go when we were ready. So, I headed out and went home and did a little work online. I later saw a somewhat snide comment from one of the other bosses directed to the whole staff about "work ethic" and those that left early. Considering work has been making me cranky for a couple weeks solid now, this did nothing to improve my mood. I'm still a little torqued about it, but I'll get over it. And I'm still working on a couple of projects from here - though I'm really not enjoying it.

In other news... I bought myself an hourglass (or rather, a 1/2 hourglass) and it came in over the weekend. The sand is red and my room-mate keeps making flying monkey comments - but I think it's cool.

Well, I think I'm going to do a little more work and then wrap this up and play some video games - or maybe hit the elliptical first for a bit. Maybe being a bit more tired will improve my mood.

later...

No comments: