Saturday, February 16, 2008

swim, dremel, meeting, dinner, retire

On Friday, the pool was closed again for a meet - and I headed to the rec center. I was in the narrow lane for a while, but then switched over and really poured it on. I ended up doing 45 laps - 1.25 miles - which is not too bad. The student assistants that work for me were impressed, but they might have just been saying that.

As I sit here on a Saturday afternoon, I'm bleeding a bit. See, I decided to work on my swords today - the wooden one and the Plexiglas one - and I had a little accident earlier. Things were going along just fine, though the dremel bit was getting clogged up by hot plexiglas and was melting it a bit as it cut. Then it slipped out of my hand, twisted around, and skited across my palm before I managed to drop the damn thing. I shut it off and looked at my hand...

I had dremeled myself.

It was bleeding a bit, but I managed to get my tools straighted up and get my self to the bathroom before I bled on anything.
A lot of water, a little neosporin, and a big ass band-aid and I'm all doctored up. I think this is a sign that I should halt my projects for the day and get back to computer games.

We had a division wide meeting earlier this week - and it wasn't too bad. Lunch was provided and we got nice dress shirts for being the best IT team in the region - which is pretty cool. The reports that the directors presented were kinda on the dull side, but at least there were cookies.

On Friday, before I headed out, I stopped off at a retirement party for one of my colleagues. Got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while and got invited out to dinner with some co-workers.

A quick haircut and a stop at Target and I was headed out to dinner. We mostly chatted about work, but it was still interesting and fun. The food was pretty good and the server was funny. All in all, a good time.

Guess that's it for now, I don't want to pull the band-aid loose.

Later...

No comments: