Sunday, April 22, 2007

sushi update, hospital, fable, origami

The sushi was, as I expected, excellent. The whole webteam ended up doing and we had a good time. One of my co-workers and I tried to "out-wasabi" each other. It was very intense, but fun.

I took a couple of days off last week to help out my room-mate with some surgery he was having. He was in a minor car accident last December (almost hit some deer on Christmas Eve and hit a telephone pole instead) - so he was having surgery to fix his damaged nose. I did the driving and the waiting around, which was fair since he helped me out during the Great Migraine of 2007 (tm).

I waited around with my container of paper and did a bunch of folding for most of the time I was there. And I had some snacks. A few people commented on the origami, but I was mostly by myself when I finished things up so I didn't give any away - though I did leave them behind when I went to the recovery area.

My room-mate was in bad shape and still pretty well drugged up. He kept falling asleep, then snoring and waking himself back up. This in the span of a few seconds - over and over again.

The doctor released him a bit later and I took him back the next day to get the packing out. Apparently that was a difficult experience as well. I got a call at home, work related - but I was able to get it sorted out without having to go in, so that worked out okay.

The rest of the weekend has mostly just been about hanging around and picking things for my room-mate since he's not allowed to do anything intensive or bend over.

I've spent a lot of time playing fable on the computer and it's increasingly odd. I got the hero all pumped up and fierce with a sword - and so beat the game without too much difficulty. Since it's an expansion, there was more to do after that, but not too challenging. Even destroying the dragon wasn't too tough.

Once throughly beaten, I restarted the game with the intention of creating an evil character. It's strangely unsatisfying. I'm not skillful or strong enough to get away with things so my Evil is pretty minor at this point. But no one likes me, no one at all. And since most of the quests are about saving people or doing good deeds it feels a little false to rescue someone and then slaughter a village. I'm going to try and see if I can get my characters appearance to change in response to being evil (he's supposed to grow horns), but I'm not sure I'll even last that long.

I guess that's reassuring, that I'm not good at or enjoy being evil. Even in a game, I'm having a real difficult time not following the rules.

In the real world, I acquired some cool origami paper and I'm going to do some more work with the PHiZZ unit - and you can make some really huge objects with that.


Guess that's about it for now... I've got more on my mind, but it's beyond the scope of today's entry. later...

No comments: