Sunday, October 29, 2006

costume walk-around, party, folding, weekend

Well, the weather broke for a bit and I decided to go ahead and do my walk-around on Friday. Thanks to Matt for some technical assistance on getting the costume in place - he did a great job on the tape and the head of the costume held together great. I went as a pedestrian - like from the crosswalk signs. I'll try to get some picutures in place on Monday.

I didn't get to see as many people as I normally would have - the rain started up and I had a "wardrobe malfunction". Kris helped out with some short term repairs, but ultimatly the legs of the costume were detroyed by the weather.

Still, saw a few people and had some fun. I had a few people worried when they saw me - but most people "got" the costume and enjoyed it.

I took off the costume in the early afternoon and worked the rest of the day - then home for a short break before heading out again to a costume party. The party was packed and I couldn't really move around much, so not as much fun as it could have been. And I didn't win any prizes, but I had helped a friend design a "shower" costume like from the karate kid and that won first prize - so, that was cool.

The costume is still in my living room should I choose to reprise the walk around for Tuesday, but I think it's going to be trashed before too long - wearing it around really wore me out.

Did a bit more folding and assembly this weekend - the final pieces for my sister's wedding reception are nearly done and ready for transport. I'll still need to do some final work once I'm there, but it's as done as it can be for now.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty quiet. Watched the new and disappointing version of the Omen and pretty much just hung out.

Guess that's it for now - I'll have more pictures on Monday.

later...

No comments: