Monday, July 31, 2006

games and taxes and a horrible dream

Picked up a couple of used games recently...

Star Ocean - I pretty cool Role-playing game with some nice elements and story-line. On the downside, assigning stats is a bit of a pain and a little confusing.

And then there's the puzzle with the turtle. You've got to steer a giant turtle through an abandoned mine shaft. I've tried it dozens of times and I either end up back at the start - or I die. Somehow, not so much fun...

The other game is TombRaider:Legend. I'd been burned on the last few in this series, but I'm happy to say that Laura Croft is back and better than ever. Easy to use controls, target lock, and amazing graphics. I'm ready to take on a super-complicated puzzle and I can't wait.

In less fun news... I got a letter from the city about unpaid taxes for 2004. Which is insane since I've already taken care of this twice. So, I'm headed over there after work - wish me luck.

Over the weekend I had one of the worst zombie dreams of my life. Armies of alien zombies that moved fast and were able to learn. I lead a small band of survivors and held off them off for what felt like weeks from the night of the invasion. It was terrible. And I kept slipping back into the same dream when I managed to wake up. Feel like I should just start carrying around a sword all the time now - seems like the armies of the undead should be showing up any day now.

Hmmm...that might make the taxes thing go a little easier as well.

Anyway, back to work...

No comments: