Monday, July 24, 2006

bravo & origami, shoes, and work stress

I went out to eat with a friend to Bravo - which was a little difficult to plan since their reservation system is complicated and usually full. But, we got in and while I was waiting for various things to happen, I got out some paper and did a little folding. The server was deeply impressed - and thrilled that I gave the model to her. I also impressed the manager that came around - and he did origami too! So, we talked shop for a bit and shared a moment about the first squash fold we had accomplished - it was magical. :) Anyway, I impressed the crowd with a micro-crane and we went on our way. Incidentally, the food was pretty good, but I think I could have gotten the same meal at Bennegan's for less money - except for the chrispy potatoes - I'd have to go to Bob Evan's for those.

I also did a little shoe shopping over the weekend - my tennis shows go ruined by the kitty litter. Two hand scrubbings with a wire brush and a huge amount of Febreeze couldn't save them. I found some cheap tennis shoes and then some short boots for work. Kinda cool, fairly comfortable, and 80% off - can't beat that. Yeah, not really the most exciting weekend I've had.

It's been confirmed - another of my co-workers is leaving. This makes three within the last year. We spent some time last week trying to do a little knowledge transfer, but since he's our graphics guy, I'm not sure how much I'll really be able to do. I'm also going to try and organize some kind of going-away party for him - and I'm running out of time.

I guess that's it for now...back to work...

No comments: