Tuesday, March 28, 2006

radio free crazy, bard's tale, glue

I listen to the radio on the way to work in the morning and decided to switch over to an AM station that I saw on a billboard for Radio Free Ohio. Unfortunatly, the "voice of reason and truth" is just as crazy and irrational as the people they oppose. So, I put in a CD.

I read an interesting article yesterday that compared George Bush politics to "1984". The whole "War is Peace" seemed to strike a cord - more than a little scary.

Playing a new game the past few days - "The Bard's Tale". Pretty cool role playing game of sorts with some interesting features. First, no inventory. Everything you find gets instantly turned to money that you can use to buy weapons, but only one of each type at a time. You also get to summon creatures with magic songs to help you out - and you have a pet dog. I think this is the first time I've played a game where the main character had a pet. The dog helps out in combat a bit, scares birds, and digs up bones. Might be my favorite part of the game, actually.

I did a little more glueing with the origami model - it's slow going. I have to do a lot of planning before I start any area and I'm trying to work form the inside out. It's tricky, but I'm doing okay. I also think I may have undercounted yet again - but we're not going to speak of that.

Well, guess that's it for now...back to work...

No comments: