Thursday, March 16, 2006

god of war, parody, oil change, scanners and Olive Garden

First up - I finished up the God War video game. It was an awesome ending - really well executed and visually amazing. I tried some of the bonus features and got my ass kicked, but even going back through it again will be fun. I also played a little Need for Speed, set a couple of track records and had my Porche 911 up over 190 mph. It was sweet.

Day before yesterday I went and got my oil changed. While I was waiting I listened to the radio and heard a parody of sorts for McDonald's of an Alltel commercial. The alltel commercial is in heavy rotation on Yahoo Music and features Brenda - who likes things "Brendalized". It's deeply annoying. So, McDonald's has their own version of Brenda - who, instead of her cell phone plan, wants her burger "Brendalized". I was almost physically ill - but I choked it back since I didn't want to "hork" in my own car.

Went to Olive Garden for dinner last night - a brief report...

1. If you want light sauce on your pasta, tell them "no sauce" - since a request for light sauce resulted in a gallon of the stuff on my spagetti.

2. The music there consisted of recordings of whistling and accordians. I am not joking, though I wish I was.

3. A sorority alumni group took over the collected tables nearby. They were loud and annoying. I heard one "chick" remark, when ordering wine, that she wanted the wine like they serve at church.

Ever seen the movie "Scanners"? A fairly stupid film - but some of the characters in there have the abilty to make people's heads explode by concentrating.

If I had a power like that - well, let me just tell you right now that I would use it for evil. Totally. I'd be corrupted in a heartbeat - heck, it wouldn't even take that long.

Evil Power Assigner: "Anthony, we're going to give you the power to make people's heads blow up - though it will cost you your immortal sou..."

Me: "Cool, sign me up,"

EPA: "But you realize that it will cost you your sou..."

Me: "Yeah, yeah, immortal soul. Got it. Where do I sign?"

EPA: "You'll also get nosebleeds everytime you use your power."

Me: "I have tissue right here - what are you waiting for? Hit me,"


KA-BLAM! (chuckle)

That's it for now...back to work...

No comments: