Monday, January 02, 2006

back from the holidays

Sounds almost like a destination - and I guess I did a bit of traveling. Here's the recap...

Friday before last, headed down to visit my folks. I stopped off at my sister's new office - a cube farm like mine, but far less oppressive. And she's got a window too. We were supposed to meet mom and dad for lunch after they picked up the christmas ham - but they got lost and were delayed. There's some debate on who's fault it is - and it's better if we just leave that undefined.

Christmas with the folks was good - got some cool stuff and had fun. We did brave Walmart the day before christmas, which was scary - but otherwise good.

After christmas, we loaded up and headed to visit the rest of my extended family. My grandmother's house was pretty well full once we had all gotten there and we got a little loud. My dad entertained the crew with magic tricks and we all had fun.

Also visited some of my mom's family - my cousin just recently had a baby girl who's just amazingly cute. Her eyes are this amazing blue - and wider then they could pull off in Village of the Dammed. It was a good thing, trust me.

My sister and I headed back on wednesday - she had to work. We were all pretty well scattered for New Year's - I spent most of it watching movies - and saw a little of the Dick Clark special.

A few comments:

Ryan Seacrest got Dick Clark's name wrong near the end - on national television.

Mariah Carrey was at her most sluttly. And she totally lip-synced. Whatever happened to the ultra-high-note Mariah we all loved?

Dick Clark... you know, I read somewhere that people were applauding his courage. I feel for the guy, but it was uncomfortable to watch him. Just my opinion.

And now I'm back to work...though I'm not really sure how to proceed. I got a lot of things wrapped up before the holidays and the boss is off today. Still, we never really slow down here...so I'm sure I've got something waiting for me in my email.

That's it for now...later...

No comments: