Wednesday, January 11, 2006

things I've noticed, stress, and a dream

I have a round "tin" of Ice Breakers mints on my desk (cool mint) that I indulge in before meetings. Seems like the polite thing to do. The tin has two openings - one labeld "to share" and the other labeled "not to share". The "to share" has a much bigger opening - a clear signal for generosity. However, even though I'm the only one who eats these, the "not to share" side is impossible to use. The opening is too small and the mints seem wedged in there pretty solid on that side. So even though I'm not sharing, I still have to them from the "to share" side - and feel vaguely guilty about it. Though it's not like I can force the mints on people.

"I have horrible breath! Hurry, take a mint so I can have one too!"

In other news... I clean when I'm stressed. I think its one of those "impose order from chaos" kinda things. I've been really stressed for a variety of reasons for the past several days - to the point where I rearragned my book shelves and cleaned out my closets. There are some who would suggest that I remain stressed and keep cleaning, and while that would help the apartment, I'm not sure my own physiology could maintain it. For the record, I've got two copypaper boxes full of books I'm getting rid of, I've lost count of the trash bags of trash to be tossed, and 5 bags of clothes that I'm giving to goodwill.

Finally, I had a dream last night that I was riding a small cart down a trail toward work - but I stopped at a coffe shop for muffins. That's not the weird part. I got up to pee, then fell asleep again. Then I dreamed that I was telling someone about the first dream - and that I was barefoot. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I was very confused when I woke up.

That's it for now, back to work...

No comments: