Wednesday, May 11, 2005

eating soap, reading, and garbage

Haven't blogged in a bit - guess it's time to get caught up a bit. Visited my folks for Mother's day - had a pretty good time. One odd thing: when we got back from dinner on Saturday we found that the dog had made a mess on the floor - an unusual occurance. Turns out, the dog had eaten an entire bar of decoratve soap from the gift basket that I got for Mom. Not just nibble and then random destruction - but the entire bar. The dog was sick for a while, understandably, but was doing fine the next day. We made a few of the obvious jokes and that was pretty much it. Despite the dog's intelligence and trick-learning skills, she's still just a dog.

I got a new book not too long ago - # 4 in a series. Unfortunatly, I've read so many books between 3 & 4 that I felt like I was missing some kind of connection. So, I decided to re-read them all in sequence - just so I don't lose the flow of the story. And these are fairly massive hardcover books - may take me a while, though the warm weather means that marathon reading sessions on the porch are viable.

Should have been - Garbage, the band. Picked up the new CD and it rocks. Feels like they never left.

Played a video game the last couple of days - Metal Arms, a Glitch in the system. Good game, lots of robot-on-robot violence, but it makes me really dizzy and sick to my stomach. Too much spinning around looking for targets.

Guess that's it for now. Back to work...

No comments: