Monday, May 16, 2005

blog by proxy

Went for a long walk on sunday and came back to find a message on my machine from my sister. Seems she was calling me from the road and had someing weird to report that would be good for my blog - hence this post.

Apparently, a bumblebee struck the antenna of her Jeep Cherokee and got sliced in half. It was still stuck there and one leg was still moving weakly when she called from her cell phone. I'd say the odds of this happening are pretty slim - so it qualifies as weird and thus is appropiate for this blog. (is it also a drive-by-blogging?)

In other news... during my long walk, I noticed not one, but 2 abandoned shoes. They were quite a ways away from each other and not the same type of shoe. Made be wonder though, how a person loses just one shoe? If there are wearing the shoes, then you'd think they'd notice. And if they were transporting them, why would only shoe get lost -wouldn't they be together? Yes, I've actually thought about this.

Today I came into work and fired up my email - over 150 spam messages, most of them in German. I'm not even sure if I should be offended since I can't read German - but I know I'm annoyed by it.

Well, I guess that's about it for now - time to get back to work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting my bumblebee story. I wanted to tell someone before I forgot about the incident, and I thought you might find it interesting. What a great big brother to actually go ahead and post my humble bumblebee story.