Thursday, May 12, 2005

being nicer, corn cob pipe, and a coke with lime

On the trip back from my folk's this past Sunday, I had to slow down to go around some debris in the road. It was a somewhat busy road, just off the highway, and there was enough traffic that it was causing a problem. Apparently, a guy was hauling a new mattress and bedframe in the back of his truck and the wind caught it. So, I pulled on past, pulled off to the side, and went and helped him clear the road. Once the road was cleared, we loaded the mattress back into his truck. I offered to help with the rest, but he said he would unload what he had and come back for the pieces. He thanked me several times - I think it surprised him that someone would stop. Just seemed like the thing to do.

I think I'm going to try and react more - helping where appropiate and telling people when they are being annoying.

Yesterday, as I was walking to lunch - I saw a guy with a corn cob pipe. Yes. You read that right. And not just as an affection, he was really smoking it - I could smell it even from a distance. He looked like a reasonable intelligent adult - but the pipe just made him look, well, stupid. He crossed the street before I could say anything.

Last evening, on my walk for art supplies, I stopped at a drug store and bought a Coca-cola - with lime. Now, I'm something of a purist when it comes to my carbonated beverages - but I decided that it sounded good and I'd buy a single 20 oz bottle.

It doesn't really taste like coke, but hey, not too bad. I don't think I'm ready to switch over entirely, but it might be good to have again.

That's it for now, back to work...

No comments: