Thursday, February 26, 2009

cables

I recently ordered two cables - one for my cell phone so I can plug it into my computer and another to set up dual monitors at work.

Neither of these are, strictly speaking, essential. But the cable for my cell phone would let me easily download my pictures and the splitter cable would let me run two monitors at work and that would be cool. Plus, everyone else is doing it and I felt left out.

The cables came in last night and I eagerly unwrapped the box.

1. The cell phone cable doesn't fit my phone. So much for trying to get a deal...

2. I took the splitter cable with me to work this morning. It doesn't work. I had one of the repair guys come over and take a look - he suspects the cable may be bad and is going to try and find a replacement for me.

So much for the cool technology - I can't even get the dang things plugged in.

later...

No comments: