Friday, February 20, 2009

laps, watch, drive,quiet, muppet, not lost

I did 20 laps today - should have done more, but there was a swim meet going on and I had to share a lane.  That, along with a sore knee, a cramp in my side, and a mild headache, got me out of the pool before I really should have.   As a side note, the pool area smelled of tired people, bengay, and the stuff that's used in elementary school to clean up and mask the smell of vomit.  So, that was fun too.

I finished the "watch" series of books (nightwatch, daywatch, twilight watch, and Last watch) - really good stuff.   And I'm glad they made a movie of the first couple - even though they diverted from the story - just so that I could more easily picture the people.  Anton, Olga, Gesar, Sveta - all really interesting characters and I was sorry to see the books end.

Did a little Need for Speed last night - kicked some serious ass.   I evaded the cops - or smashed them up - and found a really cool 'dukes of hazard' style jump in one of the missions.   Sweet.

It's been pretty quiet here today - at least for me.   Yesterday, one of our major systems took a really big poop all over everything - today has been spent recovering from that.   Since I don't have access to help (or make it worse) - I've been working mostly with the users to reassure them that things will be okay and we'll be "back to normal soon".

I've been watching the Muppets on DVD - and working on my Animal impression.   And trying to find a good time to use it here at work.   "web page!   WEB! PAGE!"       Not sure if it will work or not - Animal doesn't seem very computer savvy.

I've also been keeping up with Lost on TV.   My room-mate is very much lost watching the show, but I'm enjoying the mystery.   Our arguments continue about the nature of the show - and I keep reminding him that  - as the master of space and time - this is really more my area of expertise.

Well, I guess I should get back to things.  It's been a really long week and I'll be glad to get out of here.  

later...

No comments: