Wednesday, December 24, 2008

orange, red, blue

I spent last weekend with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law for an early Christmas since they would be traveling for the holidays. On Friday night, I was the last to go to bed and when I got up to the spare bedroom at my parents house I discovered that my pillow was... lumpy.
The pillowcase contained: A box of kleenex, a stuffed bear, one glove and 2 video game cases. I unloaded it, put the bear outside my sister and brother-in-law's room - since I was sure it was them and went to sleep. At 6:30 in the morning, I found the small flashlight that was also in the pillow case when I got up to pee.

We got a good laugh about it and later on during the weekend I returned the favor by leaving a small slice of an orange on their pillow - like a mint. It was found and commented upon and we laughed about it.

As I got in the car to drive back home on Sunday evening, I noticed a leaf stuck to my windshield wipers - but didn't think much of it since it was windy. I didn't need to use my wipers on the drive back and the leaf was still there the next morning as I got in my car to go to work.

Except it wasn't a leaf - it was the same small slice of orange that they had put there and it had frozen in place and lasted the whole trip.

For a moment, I considering saving it and mailing it to them as a "late christmas present" - but realized quickly that I would get it back for my birthday in January. Not sure I wanted to start a cycle like that with a food item, I tossed the orange and went on my way.

But I did consider it...

In other news... I bought a cell phone. Yes, Mr. I Hate Cell phones has gone over to the dark side. I've added numbers to my address book, sent and received text messages, and made a call. The phone is red, because they were out of the black ones. It's a LG Scoop with a keyboard. No internet or text packages yet - still need to determine if I'm a cell phone person. I suspect not, but we'll see.

Finally, I hit the pool for the last time this year since the University will be closed. With the 36 laps I did in the blue pool, my total since I started keeping track is 6,868 laps - which is about 190 miles. It was a little staggering for me to realize that.

That's it for now - Merry Christmas.

No comments: