Friday, December 05, 2008

swim update, cranium

The main pool was closed today, so, I had to use the Wellness Center's two lanes for lap swimming. Though, it wasn't really two lanes - more like 1.5 since they were so narrow. I got in the "outer lane" to start since the other was in use. The rest of the pool is open for games and such - and includes a whirlpool. All the water is connected, so the whirlpool generates a pretty substantial current. I was really really fast in one direction - and very slow in the other. And I'm pretty tired even though I only did 30 laps.

One highlight from the thanksgiving trip was a game of Cranium. Mom and I were on a team and though we didn't win, we did rally at the end. My best area was the Sensosketch - sort of like pictionary except that you draw with your eyes closed. The rest of the group was amazed at the accuracy of my drawings - but I wasn't really surprised since dad and I are both good at visualing things in our heads. It's one of the things I got from him that works well - unlike the hair loss and intense headaches.

later...

No comments: