Wednesday, July 02, 2008

tires, cookie

This morning, on the drive to work, a truck hauling a backhoe in a cart passed me on the left. Unfortunately, the back right tire of the cart wasn't up to the challenge and was disintegrating. Chunks of the tire were coming off and flipping up onto the road in front of me. I slowed down and he started to get over in front of me, then managed to get all the way off the road. There was no damage to my car, but I did have the stink of burning tires with me for a few miles.

I frequently get food at the Asian restaurant area of the student union - and when I do, I get a fortune cookie. I like these little auguries and don't read them until I'm done with my lunch and have eaten the cookie. In the past, I've gotten encouraging ones like:

"You will have a long and healthy life" or
"Obstacles can't hold you back"

Yesterday's cookie, however, had this message:

"Do not be afraid of computers. Be afraid of the lack of them."

Ummm... great? What the heck does that mean? I mean, I like computers and I'm not afraid of them - though I've seen The Terminator too many times to really trust them.

But for a fortune cookie? Weird.

At some point, I'm going to have to post all my fortunes - maybe on my web site.

That's it for now... later...

No comments: