Thursday, July 03, 2008

side, game, dolphin

I had a meeting yesterday - and got a headache. I'm not saying that the meeting gave me the headache, but I'm strongly implying it. This one centered itself on the sign of my head, on the level with my temple on the left side, but further back. I put some pressure on the area and rubbed it - which seemed to help for a bit - but it came back a little later while I was out trading in some video games. I managed to get myself home and sat quietly for a little while, hoping it would fade out. I also took some aspirin, but it ramped up quickly and I had to lay down for a while. I got up and ate dinner, then just lay around for a while - then gave up, took a shower, and went to bed early. I guess I'm over it, but it was annoying. Especially since I just bought new games and was eager to play.

This is the second time I've gone into GameStop - and like last time, they tried to pressure me into getting a discount card. I'm normally a fan of discount cards - but not the kind you have to pay for. In those cases, I always feel pressured to buy more to justify the cost of the card - which kinda bites. The sales guy tried a several times to get me to sign up for the card - and finally pulled a bait and switch on me - which I fell for based mostly on my headache and a desire to get the heck out of there. So, now I've got a discount card that I may only use a few times a year, a magazine subscription that I'll read but wouldn't have chosen, and entry into their mailing list (great). Still, I got some cool-looking games, so that's something.

My swim yesterday was pretty average - I did 32 laps. There was a girl 2 lanes over, though, that was swimming the butterfly stroke like some kind of mer-person. She basically exploded out of the water on each stroke and then plunged back at incredible speed. I was really impressed. I don't know how fast she was, but it would have made a dolphin feel bad.

That's it for now...

No comments: