Tuesday, July 15, 2008

lego, chipotle, abs, motivation, traffic, importance

I'm working on a project at home that required some very specific shapes - and I had one from an old Lego set that fit the bill. Needing more, I checked out the Lego site and found I was able to order specific legos - in any quantity I wanted. It was way cool.

Finally convinced my room-mate to go to Chipotle recently. He thought the burrito was okay, but thought they put too much rice in it. I, of course, ate my burrito in it's entirety and enjoyed every morsel.

I bought an "abs ball" a while ago - essentially a weighted ball used to enhance abs strengthening exercises. It's been mocking me for a while in the living room and I haven't had the motivation to try it out yet. On Monday, I fired up the included DVD and tried it out.

I didn't really get a good workout from the ball - but I think that was because I was taking notes from the DVD as I never wanted to watch it again. The fitness dude on the dvd was a complete tool and seriously annoying to listen to. I did the exercises and took notes - I'll run though the exercises again tonight without the DVD. I saved it, though, as the DVD also has an advanced program on it too. I suspect it's the same guy. Update: I just looked at the website for this product and found they won an award for the DVD! Proof positive that people will give other people awards for everything.

Motivation - I lack it. Really tough to get and stay motivated here at work. We've got some big projects, but I'm finding it difficult to stay on track. I'm getting stuff done, but not as much as I should be.

The drive to work this morning saw me going the speed limit and slightly above. And the traffic was flying past me like I was standing still. Normally, I'm a little casual with speed limits but with the cost of gas I'm a little more careful about my speed. Plus, we were all going to work - why would someone be in a hurry to do that?

I got a few "high importance" emails today from people that were wondering what to do with the sudden increase in a particular type of spam. I've never really understood a high important flag on an email - am I suddenly going to drop everything else in favor of that one email? Not likely - especially when I get several at once. The spam had a heading about "urgent fund transfer" and one of the users actually asked if it was legitimate. Sigh.

I guess that's it for now - starting to get busy this morning. Later...

No comments: