Monday, July 21, 2008

all-star, head, paint, paint again, swim

On Saturday, I went to my FRM's son's baseball game - and it was the All-Stars. So, we saw some pretty good - and still pretty funny - baseball. The game started very early, but it was still pretty hot out. We also had some wankers going the whole passive-aggressive route when we sat on the bleachers and apparently blocked their view of home plate (they were sitting off to the side). I heard everything they were saying, but wasn't going to move until they grew up and asked politely. They finally did, and I moved a bit. My FRM's mom was overheating and I brought an umbrella for her - but apparently that was in the way as well so we had to put it down. She finally had to move since it was too hot for her.

We went to lunch after the game and I did some running around with some errands. Had a pretty productive day for a weekend and of course, I had to pay for that. That evening, while watching a movie, I got another migraine. Haven't had one for a while and apparently I was overdue. I took some asprin and went to bed early. I still had the remnants on Sunday, but I was perked up enough to finish up a little project - using glass paint on a light bulb.

I'd purchased one of these at Target, but the wattage was too low for what we needed, so I painted my own bulb and finally finished it on Sunday. Looks pretty cool - even better than the store bought one. I also tried a variation on the painting technique based on accident - trying to go for something that looked like jupiter or something. Didn't work as I intended, but I may try again. I was also feeling well enough to watch most of the Shining - still a dang good movie.

Also played a bit mroe Okami - and using the celestial paintbrush in the game to reshape the world. Pretty sweet game.

Then this morning the headache - or a new one of the same flavor came back. I got it stopped with some potent asprine before it went full-blown - but it lingered all day. I swam at lunch time and that helped a bit - but then the sunshine was bright enough to make it worse. It got a little beter as the day went on. I still have it a bit and I'm still here at work - waiting on the relaunch of our website. Better go check and see how things are going - and if the pizza is here yet.

One last thing... while I was at the pool there was some kind of kids swim camp going on. I came out of the locker room in my square-cut speedos and one of the kids said - quite loudly - "that's disgusting!" I ignored him - as I do most childern unless they are directly talking to me - but was thinking to myself a line that Yoda said: "When 900 years old you become, look as good you will not."

And Yoda was a wise little dude. And besides, I do look pretty good in my suit - I've worked for it. And it's way more modest than some of the other suits I've seen guys wear there. If the kids had gone through there half an hour later, they might have been scarred for life at the old guy with the pot belly and a micro-speedo. Hell, I was shaken by the sight and I've watched a lot of horror movies.

That's it for now... later...

No comments: