Thursday, June 15, 2006

minor good deed, siRen, tidy

Last evening, while I was taking out my trash, I noticed that my neighbor's car was lit up from the inside. Their dome light was on - and the doors were locked and they weren't home.

So, I wrote a note on fluorescent green paper and taped it to the back window to their car - letting them know the situation and offering to help jump their car if they got back much later and the battery was all the way dead.

I heard them come home in their other car and I guess everything was okay since they didn't stop over. It was a little odd that they didn't say anything to me about it - if they hadn't noticed the light was on when they got back - they would have had a crappy morning and a dead car.

I did a little cleaning last night - some de-junkification. Added another 500 cranes to my aquarium just by cleaning out my pockets of various jackets and containers. 3500 in there now. I may not be an origami master - but I'm freaking prolific.

Took a break from the cleaning to play a new game - siRen. Ummm...can you say zombies? Except these zombies have good motor control - I nearly crapped my pants when one of these shambling monsters chased my character and then pulled out a gun and shot him. Looks like the game is a lot of sneaking around in the dark - unarmed.

Which isn't really my thing and I think makes it scarier. If I was confronted with zombies, I'd fight back. I'd get myself a sword or a big stick and go after them. The only good zombie is a dead zombie. Or..ummm... an incapacitated zombie.

I didn't play long before it got late and I needed to go to bed. I'll see how it goes - but at the first nightmare this game causes me, it's going to be sold and replaced with something rated "E" for everyone.

That's it for now...back to work...

No comments: