Monday, June 12, 2006

192 folded, tai chi, living room, wedding/muppets, father's day

In a marathon folding session, I got all 192 remaining units folded. I also got "chunks" put together in groups of 24 and 8 - and got most of those added to the main model. I've still got the "top" to assemble and put in place - and that's 64 units. With any luck, I'll have this done by Tuesday. Not sure how soon I'm going to bring it into work to display though, I'll need to get some good pictures for my website.

Over the weekend I picked up a Tai Chi beginners kit - DVD, Chi ball, and booklet. Haven't tried it yet as I'll need to clear some space in my living room. Thinking about doing another reorganization/clean-up of the apartment. I periodically de-junkify my place, but I think it needs another hit.

I haven't talked too much about my sister's wedding since:

1. It's still a ways off.
2. My roll is an usher is pretty small.
3. I can't think of weddings without also thinking of the Muppets Take Manhattan - where Kermit marries Miss Piggy.

Not sure if my sister would appreciate the connection - or the "Rainbow Connection" as the case may be.

Finally, I think I found a gift for my Dad for Father's day. He's just this side of impossible to buy for anymore, but I think I got something clever this time.

Wait, crap. Everytime I try to do something clever, it goes horribly wrong. There has been one exception and we can only hope it wasn't isolated.

That's it for now - back to work...

No comments: