Friday, March 21, 2008

dinner

Went out to dinner last night at Macaroni Grill. Normally, one of my favorite restaurants - but this visit was less than stellar. For one, the bread. The bread at the Grill is awesome - that's the only word to describe it. Say it with me: Awesome. This time? Not so awesome. A little overbaked and bland.

Next, the Simple Salmon. I'm going to quote right from the menu on this one:

"Simple Salmon: Seasoned grilled salmon fillet served with grilled tender-crisp asparagus and broccoli."

Now, do you see the words "Covered in uncooked chunks of tomato" anywhere in that description?

Neither did I, but that was the reality I faced. I was able to scrap them off onto my bread plate (since I didn't need that, clearly) and work past them. Still "tainted" my fish, but a bunch of lemon juice squeezed from the lemon in my tea helped a bit.

The server kept breezing past us, asking if everything was okay - but leaving before we could give an answer.

Will I go back? Most likely. The asparagus and the broccoli were good and the fish was okay. But I'm going to be more particular and insist on a really Simple Salmon.

I've got a busy and hopefully short day ahead of me - better get back to it.

No comments: