Friday, February 03, 2006

slightly odd phone message

There was a message on my answering machine yesterday when I got home. It was from - I think - my former room-mate's oldest son. It was a kind of bland "haven't talked to you in a while" kind of message - and that was about it. No "purpose" - other than the obvious trying to re-establish communications. There was no phone number left and since I canceled my caller ID - no way to tell the number. And he called at 8:00 in the morning - on a Thursday - when I would be certain to be at work.

So, to sum up:

Random phone call, no apparent purpose, no return number, called when I couldn't possibly be home.

While I'd like to think this was a friend trying to get back in touch and doing a poor job of it - I'm a little uneasy. Was he calling and didn't think about me being at work until he was already leaving the message - or was he calling to make sure I wasn't home?

I'm going to stop my speculation at this point since I have no proof of anything either way.

I guess that's about it for now... looks like another busy day on the horizon. Back to work...

No comments: