Friday, June 15, 2007

off-roading, swimming stroke, cold

The driveway to my apartment is still blocked off, so I'm still "off-roading it" to get to my garage and back out again. The grass is still doing okay for now, but I'm really hoping they pull the tape down soon. Really surprised they are making us wait this long - and I suspect it really isn't necessary since they already did the cutting the day before yesterday.

I went to lunch with some co-workers yesterday and we were talking about our various exercise routines. A couple of them got the conversation started since they were in the Zip-off weight loss challenge. One of them asked me about the name of a particular swimming stroke and I explained what I knew about it. I told them I did a modified breast stoke that adds a scissors kick.

And then things got slightly inappropriate.

One of them asked if there was a name for the stroke I did and suggested that it be called: the "serpette stroke". Someone else said that sounded kinda dirty. I replied that, "I only do that one when I'm in the pool by myself,"

Someone else added, "and you're near the filter, right?"

Well, I said it was inappropriate, didn't I?

Anyway, they were impressed that I could a 1/2 mile and we moved the conversation to less murky waters.

Other news..I seemed to have come down with a minor head cold. Took some Alkeseltzer (sp?) last night - which is an indication of how bad I was feeling because most of the time I would rather just be sick than take that foul-tasting swill. It was a little better this time around since I mixed it with cran-raspberry juice. Made for some really odd foam - but it tasted a little better. I'm better today, must have been able to fight it off last night.

Got a meeting filled day ahead of me - looks like I need to get to it. later...

No comments: