Sunday, June 10, 2007

babies, swimming, another loss, more crazy people

Two posts on the same day? Well, I've got time and a lot to say - and this one is a bit more like my usual posts. Random stuff and my thoughts on the world around me. Here we go...

We got pictures of the new babies that our friends had though their surrogate - they look, as most babies do, adorable. I'm thinking about making an origami mobile for them - maybe something with fish since their new dad likes fish and aquariums quite a bit.

On Friday, I hit the still very cold and surprisingly busy pool for a swim - and made it to a 1/2 mile. I've done this once before - but not during my regular lunch time. I was pretty tired when I finished up, but I made it through. And then I had to face a cold shower since the facility was, once again, without hot water. Irksome - and itchy since I couldn't get the chlorine off of me during my brief rinse off.

One of my co-workers got some bad news this past week - one of his his good friends died suddenly. The service, and tribute concert for the former musician, was yesterday. My co-worker and I talked about this a bit - he hasn't experienced much death and I don't know if anything I said did any good. I'm hoping the service and the concert helps him deal with things a bit.

I've found myself dealing with more crazy people recently - and for a while I almost started to get used to them. I was, for a short while, finding myself on their wavelength - i.e. they almost started to make sense. Thankfully, I'm back on track and I'm annoyed by them again. So much so that I wanted to have a rubber stamp made with the word "CRAZY" on it. I could then walk around and label people on their foreheads as a warning to others. Sort of like a mission - though I suspect I would quickly run out of ink.

I guess that's it for now... I'll try to update more frequently...

No comments: