Monday, June 18, 2007

father's day

I went to visit my parents last weekend for Father's Day and as promised - it's going in the blog.

Friday evening was pretty quiet, but on Saturday we packed a lunch and headed to Columbus. The destination was the Columbus zoo, but we went to a craft store and a bookstore first. The trip to the zoo was a bit round-about and we were all getting pretty hungry - since we planned on eating once we got to the zoo. We arrived at the zoo around 2:30 - only to find a sign saying the zoo would close at 3:00 for a fund-raising party. So, we skipped that and found a park near where we used to live to have our lunch. It was a little silly, but it worked out.

After that, we headed back to their place and Dad wanted to take a different route instead of the main one - a slightly more scenic drive that ended up being "road closed". Which forced us back onto the main route anyway.

On Sunday we gave my dad a drop-spreader and a back-pack sprayer. The sprayer was not well assembled and my brother-in-law and I got it fixed - with some timely help from my sister. So, we suited her up like a ghost buster for some testing and she pretty much hosed everyone. And since it had a 25 foot range, there was really no running from here.

While this was going on - dad was grilling. And grill he did. We ended up with a pile of food and pretty much everyone ate until physically uncomfortable - then we had brownies and ice cream.

After that, I got rolled out to my car and headed home.

Today, I put those calories to good use and swam really fast today. 20 laps, record time, and a very tired geek after lunch.

That's about it for now - time to get back to work...

No comments: