Wednesday, August 20, 2008

bucket, grill, game

I had a dream last night that I was in home depot and bought an orange bucket. Unlike the regular orange buckets, this one had wheels and I thought it would they would be useful to repurpose to make a scooter. On closer examination, I realized the bucket was really heavy duty and the wheels were independently swiveling and all terrain. So, instead of making taking the wheels off to use as a scooter, I decided to use it as is - a skateboard bucket. The bucket was wide enough to put both feet in and low enough that I could step in and out.

This all apparently took place in Miami, Florida and I headed out into the streets of the city in my bucket. A few kids in skateboards mocked me, then shut up in astonishment when I skimmed through standing water and then took it off-roading across the grass - not losing any speed with either maneuver. If I pressed my feet against the inside of the bucket I could "hang on" and used this technique to pull off some really impressive stunts.

But I got lost. So, I crusied around town for a bit in my bucket, finally stopping at a senior citizen's complex. A friend of mine was there with her mother - both looking older than they currently are. My friend showed me her report card - she was finally finishing up her degreee and as I went to leave, an old woman slapped me on the ass. My friend said not to be offended since that woman wasn't really 'with it' and tended to smack all men on the ass. In a disturbing twist, I was surpised to see it was my own great-grandmother - looking a little crazed, but remarkably spry for someone that passed away a number of years ago.

I headed out - still in my bucket - and went into the office where I worked. One of my current co-workers - who enjoys roller-blading - was really impressed with my skills and fired up ebay to see if he could find out there. He left the room - and his ebay account open - before I could tell him I bought it home depot. When he got back, I joked that he had just bought a bunch of vintage comics on his account and he laughed so loud that the boss made us get back to work. So, I got out of my bucket, settled into my desk and got to work.

And then I woke up and got ready to really go to work.

The home deport bit was ironic - since in reality I went to Lowe's last night. The grill my room-mate brought from his old place was on it's last legs, so we went to Lowe's figuring that based on the season - we could get a good deal. We did and took it back to the apartment - but it was too late to put together last night. I'll work on it this evening, I think.

I beat the game Okami night before last and started the replay mode last evening. It's essentially starting the game over, except you have all the items you finished the game with. So, I walked into what would have been a serious battle the first time around, pulled out a huge-ass sword, and destroyed all the enemies in about 6 seconds. Kinda took a little of the fun out of things fairly quickly. I plowed through big chunks of the game, but the magic wasn't really there. Maybe a break from this and then a fresh start.

That's it for now - time to get back to work...

No comments: